If you do notice, this would be my first entry on salad! I must have sound like a carnivorous being and never eating with balanced diet. I admit that I'm not a huge fan of salad because of my Chinese upbringing. To me, vege must be cooked, somehow. I love stir fry vegetables or have lots of them in soup but rarely in salad.
Anyway, while I was making this, I notice my other half help himself to the salad as much as I do. Reason why I said that is because he rarely eats the vegetables that I cooked (stir fry method) and I have always find it not surprising because guys just don't befriend with greens (well, not all but most of them). When I asked him why he enjoyed it, he said because it was sweet rather than bitter. I figured it must be the juice of the mango and the cranberries that gave the extra sweetness to it. Anyway, this was a record breaker because he had half of it so this gives me extra motivation to find more salad recipes so that he can start feeding on the greens!
The recipe is adapted from Taste.com.au.
- 1 green oak lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Combine lettuce, avocado, mango, pine nuts and cranberries in a bowl.
- Whisk and season with salt and pepper in a jar. Pour over lettuce mixture. Toss to combine. Serve.